Friday, November 2, 2012

Update

Tristan is amazing us more and more each day!  We feel blessed.  Lately he has decided to start playing with toys and reading books - two things he had no interest in before.  He has really started interacting more and more with his young brother Jake.  This picture from Halloween is the first time we were not only able to get him to stand next to Jake, but to look at the camera.  He did this on command.  This simple task is such a big deal in our world.   He continues to be very loving towards others.  Just wanted to show some updated pictures of him and how he is growing so fast!  Tristan is currently not on antibiotics but remains on probiotics, Vitamin D and other herbal supplements.  His continued progress amazes those who know him best. 

 
 Another big development in our lives is that Tristan has been accepted to receive an autism trained service dog from Retrieving Freedom Inc.  We found out that he should receive a service dog within the next six months!!!  We are so excited for him.  If you want more information on how these dogs will help Tristan, we have set up a blog site "A Dog For Tristan" at http://adogfortristan.blogspot.com/ .
 
This is a picture of Tristan with service dog, "Tu", at a fundraiser set up by my inlaws, Mark and Denise Kuhn, this summer.  It is amazing how these dogs have such a calming affect on him.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Tristan and I are doing much better these days.  Although in the past I have taken breaks from treatment, I am currently on continued antibiotic treatment along with herbal and other natural supplements.  I continue to exercise and eat a healthy diet daily (organic as much as possible).  Physically I am feeling 95% better than when I starting treatment almost 3 years ago.   We are taking things one day at a time.   We feel so blessed to have found the Lyme Disease when we did.  It has changed our lives and our son's for the better!
 
 
 

13 comments:

  1. Hi... I just watched your husband's presentation at the ILADS conference and came to check out your blog. I was just diagnosed with Lyme after being misdiagnosed with fibromyalgia for 16 years. I've had 2 children in that time and, while they don't have signs of autism like your son, they do have some symptoms that concern me and am thinking of getting them tested soon. So... I was reading through your blog and was pleasantly surprised to learn that you are in Iowa. I live in Waterloo. So, I'm hoping maybe we could chat from time to time. I just started a blog as well... thelymeproject.blogspot.com. I do also have a page for it on Facebook, so maybe we can connect there? Thanks for sharing your story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi I just watched your husbands presentation at the ILADS conference - thanks to you both for sharing your journey. Keep blogging because it will be so useful for others to share.
    I started my Looking at Lyme blog in November 2009 now with over 129000 page views so far and between 400-500 page views a day I am hoping it helps raise awareness as well as being a useful resource for me.
    I will share your blog with Facebook friends in the Autism world and come back to read some more later.

    Good luck with your treatment and that of your son

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just wrote something on my blog about your husband's excellent presentation and mentioned your blog. http://lookingatlyme.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/autism-lyme-disease-antibiotics.html
    If there are any inaccuracies or any problems with what I have written about you please let me know and I will edit.
    Good luck with your journey to recovery and thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Corah we live in Cedar Falls!!! We should definitely connect online and could meet sometime! Glad you enjoyed my blog. Our story is so remarkable and complicated. I decided to write it all down for my record and also to help someone going through some or all of the same issues we were and continue to. Please let me know your facebook page info.
      Joanne, the info you have on Mason's presentation and me is all correct. Thanks for sharing it with others, that's all we want it to get this information out there to help kids and adults who are suffering from this crazy disease. Thanks again, and yes I will continue to update our journey.
      Lori

      Delete
    2. I have a new website. Check it out! Talk all about healthy diet, autism, Lyme and more! http://krazykuhnlife.weebly.com

      Delete
  4. Hi I have a similar story I had a lot of health problems before and after the birth of my boys. I had Shingles MRSA and impetigo infections. I am from CT everyone I know has Lymse. I have never been tested. I had my 5 year old tested and it came back negative. I know there are alot of false negatives. I was wondering did you provoke lymse in your children with natural or regular antibiotics? Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing such wonderful information!In my opinion, Keeping a healthy life by consuming healthy food and doing exercise regularly is the best healthy formula.

    regards,
    Health Jobs Australia

    ReplyDelete
  8. As a sign of gratitude for how my son was saved from autism, i decided to reach out to those still suffering from this.
    My son suffered autism in the year 2013 and it was really tough and heartbreaking for me because he was my all and the symptoms were terrible, he always have difficulty with communication, , and he always complain of poor eye contact . we tried various therapies prescribed by our neurologist but none could cure him. I searched for a cure and i saw a testimony by someone who was cured and so many other with similar body problem, and he left the contact of the doctor who had the cure to autism . I never imagined autism has a natural cure not until i contacted him and he assured me my son will be fine. I got the herbal medication he recommended and my son used it and in one months time he was fully okay even up till this moment he is so full of life.autism has a cure and it is a herbal cure contact the doctor for more info on drwilliams098765@gmail.com on how to get the medication. Thanks for reading my story

    ReplyDelete
  9. ALL THANKS TO DR WILLIAMS FOR THE GREAT DEED HE HAVE DONE FOR MY DAUGHTER?
    My daughter suffered from autism for more than 2 years which we started experiencing in her when she turned 1 year and 5 months we all thought it will end but got even worse as days went by. We tried all several treatments and therapy prescribed by various doctors we met but to no avail, she lost total concentration and always complain of sensitivity to sound . She usually tells me she haves poor eyes contact. This were steady disorder that disrupted her entire life, even at night she slept less because of this.It was during a casual conversation with a friend that i learned about Dr Williams herbal medicine I was able to contact him on his email address. and give him all the necessary information that he needed,few day later he sent me the herbal portion and his medicine was able to restore her back to normal and she is very okay now without any side effects whatsoever. If you have autism, do not hesitate to contact him on drwilliams098765@gmail.com for advice and for his product. I hope this also helps someone out there

    ReplyDelete